Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February Challenge Tag

I have been chipping away at this one over the last week and a half.  This is my second tag in the 12 tags of 2016 with Tim Holtz.  
Check out www.timholtz.com for the how to tutorial.  I just followed the tutorial...with a few slight tweaks.  I made my own stencils using laminated page protectors and my cricut.  They aren't as heavy or easy to work with as Tim's, but I was trying to work with what I had on hand.  I have been trying to get around to the texture paste and this was a fun place to start.  Next time will turn out better, as it was a bit thick in spots and it dried faster than I expected so my embossing powder didn't stick the greatest.  All lessons learned for next time.
I'm happy with the end results so that's all that matters.  
I used Tim Holtz's tag die cut, distress and alcohol inks, and texture paste.
Stencils were all from different cartridges from CTMH for cricut.  The gems and arrow are CTMH. Ribbon is from Ofray and papers are various makers.  Hearts are die cuts from Provo Craft.  Picture is my own.



No comments: